Friday, March 4, 2011

Blue Cheese and Chive Stuffed Chicken

If you know me well , you know I love to cook but that I also love to watch cooking shows almost just as much. They inspire me to cook new things, use new methods and combine new flavors. I like to watch recipes then make them my own with little changes. Lots of people say that they watch cooking shows but never actually use the recipes that they watch...I am not one of those people. I saw this recipe on a Saturday and made it the next Monday. And I'm glad I did because it's good! And you will like it too...if you like blue cheese (my mom would add). It's a recipe that is easy enough to make on a weeknight after work or for company since it looks elegant when finished. Enjoy!

My version of the recipe: (4 servings)
- 4 pieces of chicken breast, skin-on a must, bone-in a plus (stays more moist and flavorful)
- 1 stick room temp. butter, plus a little more to top chicken
- about 3/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

- Mix blue cheese, butter and chives in a small bowl
- Separate skin from the meat using fingers then stuff about 3 T of filling into each chicken breast

Star ingredient


- Sprinkle a little salt (there is already salt in the butter and cheese) and some pepper on both sides of each piece of chicken.
- Place stuffed chicken in glass baking dish (stuffed side up).
- Sprinkle top of chicken with a little olive oil (makes chicken golden brown on top)


- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- If you want, you can add the extra butter on top about half way through cooking time for even crispier skin

So there you have it! Super simple but really good. I served with side of baked potato and green beans which made great sides (not over-powerful flavors for a very flavorful main dish). I didn't take any pictures of the process or finished product but I'll do a better job of that next time.

Extra tips:
- I saved some of the filling and used later in the week by spreading on bread and baking for a variation of garlic bread
- Wrap extra fresh chives in a moist paper towel and put in plastic bag to store in the fridge

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...