Monday, March 28, 2011

Silver Tea Set: Before and After

Last July I scored a lot of good finds at an antique show at a high school in Eagle River, Wisconsin. One of them was this silver tea set. There was one booth filled with neon beer signs and retro bar paraphernalia. Amongst all the beer glasses and deer themed garb was this lovely silver tea set...and for super cheap!

My grandma was with me (who is incredibly knowledgeable in the area of antiques, more on that another time) and so she took a look and said that it was quality silver and a very good find (her guess is that it's from around the 1930's). She even offered to help me polish it up...so eight months later I took her up on that offer! I thought I'd share the results...

Before...





During...
My grandma scrubbing away


After...




Here is a close up of the tray before...

and after...
So beautiful! I loved the tea set before but I'm glad I decided to shine it up. We left some of the pattern less polished because it really brings out the details.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...