Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spanish Rice

Ever wanted the perfect recipe for Spanish rice? Well here it is...


Recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
-2 14 oz. cans of tomatoes, diced or squished (I prefer to use whole plum tomatoes and squish them up with my hands...try it!)
- 4-6 cups water

Heat oil in medium saucepan. Saute rice, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper for a few minutes in the oil; stirring occasionally.

Pour tomato juice from canned tomatoes into measuring cup (even squeezing the tomatoes to get all the liquid out). Add tomatoes to rice, onion, pepper mixture.

Measure out liquid (adding the water to the already measured tomato juice) until it equals 6 1/2 cups. Add to rice mixture. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes with lid on (or until most of the liquid is gone). Turn heat off and let sit (with lid on) for 5 minutes.

Stir and enjoy!

(I don't even know where I got this recipe from but I think I have tweaked it enough to say it is my own.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...