Friday, April 15, 2011

Dead Man Eating Blog

Now here is an interesting blog. It's called 'Dead Man Eating Weblog' (click here to go to it) where someone has posted death row inmates' last meal requests before execution. First of all, did you know that they got a last meal request? (I didn't). I heard about it on 93XRT.

It's interesting to see the absolute last thing that someone wanted to eat. The requests range from nothing, to a simple BLT sandwich, to "two chicken-fried steaks, two fried chicken breasts, three fried pork chops, two hamburgers with lettuce, tomato, onion and salad dressing, four slices of bread, half a pound of fried potatoes with onion, half a pound of onion rings with ketchup, half a pan of chocolate cake with icing and two pitchers of milk."

I mean, did someone seriously eat all that?!? And in one sitting? It seems like there would be some sort of time limit. And scarfing all this down with a time limit does not seem enjoyable nor the way I would want to spend my last minutes before execution. Oh well, to each his own.

There does seem to be a theme among those who did request a last meal...complete indulgence. If someone asked for not just one but two hamburgers then you better believe they want a pint of ice cream with it. And why not! This makes me think of what I would ask for. So many foods come to mind (hash browns with cheese, cheesecake, loaded baked potato, Chicago style hot dog, steak with egg sauce from Ron of Japan, Lou Malnati's pizza) but maybe I would just want the traditional 'Wallgren Christmas breakfast'...SO GOOD...

Mmm, now I'm hungry! What you choose to eat?

1 comment:

Dave B. said...

a. I did know that because the first novels I think I read were John Grisham, and I feel like one of them had a death row inmate that played a significant role. The Chamber, I would guess.
b. Definitely tacos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...