I'm not much of a fish person. Basically, I only really like the kind of fish that doesn't actually taste like fish. For this reason tilapia seems to be my go-to and this is my go-to recipe for it...
Sometimes I add veggies like fresh asparagus or green beans under the fish when cooking but you can leave it without as well.
The Recipe and Method:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Season both sides of 4 fillets of fish (give or take a fillet) with salt and pepper and lay on foil lined baking sheet (with veggies below if using).
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons each of olive oil and white wine over the top of the fish.
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic and sprinkle over top.
- Cut one lemon in half and another into thin slices. Add the juice of half the lemon over the fillets (For extra flavor, reserve other half of lemon for lemon butter to top fish after cooking...heat the juice of the lemon in a small pan until it starts to simmer, turn off heat, swirl in one tablespoon of butter.) Top each fillet with a few slices of lemon.
- Place a piece of foil covering all of the fish, fold up edges with the bottom piece of foil so that everything is enclosed.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Right before baking.
All done and ready to eat.