Different styles. Both delicious. Impossible to choose. Johnson style recipe comes to you from Matt's aunt Terry's book of recipes "More Simply Delicious" and the recipe itself is credited to Matt's great-aunt, Shirley Brundage.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt (or you can substitute fresh garlic, I used 2 minced cloves)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or a bit more if you love cheese like me)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Peel and boil potatoes until fork-tender. If using fresh garlic, add to pot with boiling potatoes.
- Drain then mash potatoes with an electric mixer
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for cheddar cheese. Beat until fluffy.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and bake for 1 hour
- Add the cheese on top for the last 10 minutes of baking
I mean, how can something with butter, sour cream and cheese be bad?